Monday, May 27, 2013

Gunnel Bend Construction

Having ordered the wood for the boat, (clear Larch) tis time to start thinking about the bending form. The wood is going to be green this time so I anticipate it will be easier to bend but I'm still going to build  a tolerance in for springback. For those who don't know, this is the amount that the wood will spring back after you release it from the clamps after having steam bent it. I'm going to allow roughly 25% springback going by the last time we did it and if I get it wrong then we can still make it work, easier to work back from too much bend then to try bending again when it's out.
These are the dimensions that I will be working to, and I will start building this form today or tomorrow more than likely.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, has this blog been continued somewhere else? The last post I can see is from May 2013. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete